Access Control Systems
A commercial card access system is a proven and effective way of managing control of your facility. With a combination of software, electronic door locks, card readers, and access cards, a scalable and easy-to-use access control solution can be implemented for organizations of any size.
We have designed, installed and serviced access control systems for apartment complexes, parking garages, industrial sites, condominiums, and multi-storey office buildings, as well as other applications.
A commercial access control system is a complex, yet user-friendly package consisting of:
- Entrapass Management Software:
- EntraPass is a robust suite of high performance software that allows customers to design & operate any number of doors where card access is required – securely, quickly & efficiently. EntraPass is compatible with Kantech’s entire line of door controllers.
- EntraPass Corporate Edition is a multiple workstation software platform that offers the ultimate balancebetween power and affordability in a network environment. The software integrates advanced security features such as EntraPass Go mobile app and EntraPass Web platform that deliver remote and convenient access to common access control, video and intrusion tasks and reporting. The enhanced user experience makes navigation and operation easy and intuitive.
- Door Controllers:
- KT-400 is an Ethernet-ready four-door controller that provides 128-bit AES encrypted communication with the EntraPass system and is a highly secure solution for any security-conscious business.
- KT-1 is an Ethernet-ready single door controller, supporting two readers – IN/OUT. With its elegant design and innovative single button enrollment, KT-1 offers installers the ultimate experience in access control installation. Simply provide an IP connection, push a touch-sensitive button and you’re done. With its single buttonenrollment, Ethernet port and Power over Ethernet capabilities, the KT-1 controller is up and running in minutes. KT-1 is based on the existing, highly proven KT-400 controller firmware and can be connected directly to DSC PowerSeries or other alarm panels for intrusion integration.
- Magnetic Card Readers – Attractive, compact, weatherized and vandal-resistant designs make our magnetic card readers suitable for installation in various indoor and outdoor applications; they also feature high reliability, consistent read range and low power consumption
- Request to Exit (T-Rex) – Strategically placed T-Rex units provide a complete solution for exit detection and door surveillance by offering pinpoint-accurate vertical detection targeting
- Electric Strikes & Locks – Commercial and industrial rated door strikes can provide years of maintenance free operation
- Access Cards & Fobs – With over 16.7 million unique codes available, Kantech’s secure format provides increased security and an absolute guarantee of no duplication of access cards; in the event of one being lost or stolen, they can be immediately removed from the system, ensuring no potential for a security breach
For clients looking to realize the true potential of a Card Access system, Kantech Hattrix allows business owners and managers to opt for Hosted or Managed Card Access Services.
Managed Access Plans
For a low monthly fee you can keep your system working properly with:
- 24/7 Web Access
- Most current software available including every software update
- Daily Off-Site Data Back-Up
- Connection to Lexicon Security servers with RAID hard drives plus redundant back up.
Never worry about service calls or additional charges with our Full Warranty Option. We cover everything from controllers (including batteries) readers, request to exit devices, cards, keytags, transmitters and even the electric door strikes or magnetic locks. The only thing not covered is damage caused by vandalism or maliciousness and damage to wiring.
Your access control system is not complete without a solution that tracks all visitors that come and go from your building. Work with our experts to ensure your access control system integrates with your telephone entry system so that you know who authorized visitor access along with a time stamp.